Grease Fire-Plymouth, MA
A fire needs 3 things to burn, heat, oxygen and fuel. A fire will keep growing until one of those are removed. However no situation is perfect and it's good to have and emergency procedure in place.
A grease fire happens when either you have built up grease or a large amount of grease in your frying pan as was the case with this homeowner. If a pan gets to hot it will ignite creating a 4 inch flame and spreading quickly if not extinguished properly. Because of the quick thinking with this homeowner the fire was contained in the kitchen.
When the homeowner contacted SERVPRO of Franklin/Walpole she told them she felt that most if not all of her personal property was damaged and non salvageable. After a few weeks of being on the Job the homeowner was amazed how fast and efficient the clean-up was