Back to School Safety Tips in Foxborough
Summer is flying by and believe it or not, parents are starting to think about Back to School already. As the school year starts to arrive quickly we wanted to share some tips with you:
- Be on the lookout for school zone signals, and slow down to obey all traffic laws.
- Always stop for school busses whenever applicable.
- Watch out for school crossing guards and obey their signals.
- Be aware of children near schools, bus stops, sidewalks, in the streets, and in school parking lots.
- Never pass other vehicles while driving in a school zone.
- Avoid using a cell phone while driving in a school zone.
- Make sure a supervisor is always present when children are at the school’s playground.
- Allow time for drop-off and pick up. Leave early enough to arrive at school at least 10 minutes prior to the start of school.
- If your child is walking to school make sure they go straight home after school.
- Always use public sidewalks and streets when walking to school.
- If your child is walking to school, have them walk with other students.
- Make sure to teach your children to recognize and obey traffic signals and signs.
- Teach your children to only cross streets at designated crosswalks.
- Make sure to enforce looking both ways before crossing the street.
- Make sure the bus comes to a complete stop before getting on or off.
- When riding the bus, make sure your child understands to remain seated.
SERVPRO of Foxborough is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you with any damage “Like it never even happened.”