SERVPRO of Foxborough Shares Ice Safety Tips
During the winter months, ice safety is a concern for many. A lot of times, we can’t always prepare as quickly as we’d like for ice since the weather is unpredictable. It is important to know the basics and be sensible. Everybody needs to be careful around frozen lakes, rivers, and streams.
There are several steps you can take to stay ice smart:
- Keep away from unfamiliar paths.
- Avoid traveling at night, it is hard to see black ice.
- Never go on the ice alone. Have a buddy with you that can assist you should the need arise.
- Have an emergency kit handy. The kit should include lighter, waterproof matches, magnesium fire starter, pocketknife, compass.
- For your home, make sure to winterize your pipes
- Make sure to prepare for a power outage if there is a winter storm advisory.
Ice and ice storms can cause a lot of damage to you, and your home. Make sure to take as many precautions as possible if there is a warning for ice.
SERVPRO of Foxborough is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you with disasters. “Like it never even happened.”