Protect Your Property From Rainfall Damage
Heavy rain and storms can cause substantial damage to your Bellingham, MA commercial or residential property, especially if you aren't prepared. Storms can produce high winds causing fallen branches, and trees. There is always the possibility that when a storm hits, there will be damage to a property. Even a small roof puncture or a cracked window from a tree limb can be enough to allow rainfall to trickle (or pour) into your home. A downed tree can cause serious damage to your roof, siding and windows. Heavy rain also raises the risk of flooding. The following tips will help keep your property safe and dry in the event of a storm:
- Consider options to protect your windows and entryways such as adding shutters, rain diverters and storm doors.
- Having a sump pump and dehumidifier handy can really help on days with heavy rain or high humidity.
- Keep an eye on the trees closest to your home. Of course, you don’t want to cut into every tree but sometimes damage can be prevented by trimming back the trees that pose a threat.
- Regularly check that rainwater is draining properly. If it isn’t, consider ways to redirect it such as adding gutters or consulting a contractor.
- Regularly check your home for potential weaknesses especially in the roof, siding and windows. Even a small opening can let in rainwater so catching and repairing these issues before a storm hits is important and will save you money.