Reduce The Risk Of Frozen Pipes
The winter months are here and that means the cold, freezing Foxborough weather. Unfortunately, with the cold weather comes the increased risk of the water in your home's pipes freezing. The expansion of the frozen water may cause damage to your home’s plumbing, or even rapture. Once the water thaws, your house will be flooded with water.
Here are steps that can be taken to minimize the risk of frozen pipes.
- Before temperatures reach freezing, insulate exposed and vulnerable pipes; install pipe sleeves or even wrap the pipes with newspaper.
- Close the garage door to prevent cold air from coming in.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Allow the cold water to slowly drip from one of your faucets.
- Keep your home heated above 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a generator because deep freezes regularly cause power outages.
SERVPRO of Foxborough is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you with any fire damage “Like it never even happened.”