SERVPRO of Foxborough Helps Prepare For Water Damage.
Freezing temperatures and accumulation of snow in winter can cause water damage. Water pipes can freeze and burst, ice dams can form on your roof, and many more issues can arise. There are safety measures to prevent water damage to your home in the winter.
Prevent Ice Dams
Ice dams are created when warm air in the attic heats the roof and melts the snow on the roof. You can prevent these:
- Have your gutters and downspouts cleaned, inspected. You want to make sure water will flow unobstructed in your drain system.
- Insulate your attic properly. The heat in your home should not reach the attic. Make sure the attic floor is airtight by sealing openings.
- Provide enough ventilation in the attic to keep the roof cool.
- Remove snow off your roof to prevent any water damage on the roof and into your home.
Other Winter Water Damage Safety Tips
- Install water leak detectors on sump pumps, near water-bearing fixtures, and beneath pipes.
- Inspect your hot water heater, washing machine, ice machine, and other appliances that can leak.
- Disconnect outdoor hoses in the winter months. Having your hoses disconnected will prevent water from freezing in the line.
SERVPRO of Foxborough is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you with any water damage “Like it never even happened.”